Each spring, the Municipal Association accepts award entries from member municipalities. Winners will be honored at the Association's Annual Meeting.
Started in 1987, the program provides local government officials and employees the opportunity to receive deserved recognition for superior and innovative efforts in local government. The program also provides a forum for sharing the best public service ideas in South Carolina.
2019 Achievement Award winners
- Population 1 – 1,000: Town of Eutawville
- Population 1,001 – 5,000: Town of Seabrook Island
- Population 5,001 – 10,000: City of Hartsville
- Population 10,001 – 20,000: Town of Bluffton
- Communications: City of Goose Creek
- Economic Development: City of North Augusta
- Public Safety: City of Orangeburg
- Public Service: City of Seneca
- Public Works: City of Cayce