In 2003, the Association entered a strategic partnership with Local Government Services, LLC to provide members technical assistance with cable franchise management.
- Assistance in responding to applications for Certificate of Franchise Authority
- Determining cable companies' compliance with existing franchise terms and conditions including franchise fee payment review
- Conducting jurisdictional coding test to determine if cable companies have correctly coded all city streets and annexations in their customer billing records
- Assistance for electric cities in negotiating pole attachment agreements and conducting pole count inventories
- Assistance in the development of public, educational and governmental channels
- Assistance with negotiating tower leases