Loss Control Consultant
The Municipal Association of South Carolina is accepting resumes for the position of loss control consultant for the Risk Management Services insurance programs. This position will provide technical support and professional consulting services in risk management and loss control analysis to members to minimize losses and manage necessary exposures. The position requires extensive in-state travel.
- Provides technical support and consultative services to Municipal Association members participating in workers' compensation (South Carolina Municipal Insurance Trust) and property/liability (South Carolina Municipal Insurance Risk Fund) insurance programs administered by the Association
- Assists member cities and towns in developing effective safety and risk management programs and loss control capabilities within their organizations to help create safe working environments for employees and minimize the potential of claims from residents of municipalities; ensures solutions are in compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations and other applicable safety standards and guidelines; and develops and conducts specific training based on the documented needs of individual Risk Management Services program members
- Conducts assessments of member risk management programs and procedures through risk management guidelines and other tools; reviews members' records, manuals, procedures and training documentation; and determines levels of compliance and identifies deficiencies
- Bachelor's degree or education and training equivalent to four years of education in insurance, risk management, business administration, public administration, public safety or a closely related field with four years of experience in safety or loss control administration and must be able to obtain associate in risk management for public entities certification. Public sector knowledge/experience is preferred.
- Must possess a valid SC driver's license
- Demonstrated above average interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills, as well as written and verbal communication; experience developing and conducting training; demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills; proficient in utilizing various software applications; strong awareness of and ability to maintain confidentiality; and ability to balance multiple priorities
Pay info: Competitive salary based on qualifications with excellent benefits package, including SC state retirement and health insurance
How to apply: Email resume and cover letter to Summer Randall at email@example.com. For more information about the Municipal Association of South Carolina, visit www.masc.sc.
The Municipal Association of South Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer.