SC Association of Municipal Power Systems Annual Meeting
6/11/2017 - 6/13/2017
Sonesta Resort, 130 Shipyard Dr, Hilton Head Island, SC
- Communicating the Value of Public Power – Paul Allen, Consultant, Hometown Connections
- Is Safety an Organizational Value in Your Utility – Pam Tompkins, President and CEO, Set Solutions, LLC
- Wireless in the Right of Way: How to Respond (and How not to) and Small Cell Antennas – The Impact on Right of Way Management and Pole Attachments – Joseph Van Eaton, Partner, Best, Best & Krieger Attorneys at Law
- The Storm Hits and Reporters are Calling – Reba Campbell, Deputy Executive Director, Municipal Association of SC and Ginny Jones, Senior Public Affairs Specialist, SCANA Corporation
– Handout 1
– Handout 2
- Substation Training for Field Staff – Court Weathers, P.E., Booth and Associates, Inc.
- Smart Lighting Controls for Utility Applications – Martin Woolard, Sales Director, Midwest, CIMCON Lighting, Inc.
- Energy Storage, the Missing Piece of the Smart Grid – Ben Lowe, Director of Policy and Market Development, Alevo Energy
- How to Effectively Communicate with Decision Makers – Paul Allen, Consultant, Hometown Connections
- Cloud Computing Technology for Utilities – Crash Lowe, Managing Partner, Waterdog Technologies; Pat Bierly, Business Development Specialist, Waterdog Technologies; Greg Erickson, Technical Services Manager, Computer Consulting Group; and Jeff Erickson, Business Development Specialist, Computer Consulting Group
- Use of Unmanned Aerial Systems for Utility Inspections – Brett Banks, Manager of UAS, McCall-Thomas Engineering, Co., Inc.
- Negotiating Strategies for Railroad Crossing Permits and Fees – Dave Thomas, Managing Member, Eagle 1 Resources, LLC
- Physical Power and Natural Gas Markets in Southeast – Steve Schivley, Natural Gas Trader, The Energy Authority and Mike Trobaugh, Client Services Manager, The Energy Authority
- IT Security for Utilities – Joe Howland, Virtual Chief Information Officer, VC3